How to Develop a Highly Relational GraphQL API


After introducing us to GraphQL a few meetups back, in Sibiu Web Meetup #29 Ben Bruda took things to the next level and showcased the fastest way to develop a highly relational GraphQL API.

To help you remember, GraphQL is basically about data nesting and precise queries. If you haven’t yet watched the video presentation in Introduction to GraphQL, it’s available on our YouTube channel.

This next in-depth presentation revolves around the idea that GraphQL being designed to make your life easier on the front-end, you need to handle the backend. And Ben comes with solutions to do it in an efficient way – three tools that offer generic solutions: Hasura, Postgraphile, WunderGraph. If they are generic, there is no code, they set forth the database. This way 90% of the development work is covered. This means that you can use the rest of 10% to make super custom endpoints that require hand coding and do it awesomely.

You even get a demo of how you can do all of the above and more. With so many new things to learn from this presentation, you have all the reasons to watch it. Enjoy!


To stay up to date with the Sibiu Web Meetup events, connect with us on our social channels:

Sibiu Web Meetup Facebook
Sibiu Web Meetup Linkedin
Sibiu Web Meetup Youtube

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. More information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.